Registered Psychologist, Clinical Supervisor, MAPS
M Psychology, Grad Cert Emotionally Focused Therapy (Cand), Dip Min
Chris has worked in psychology for over two decades, in private practice and community sectors. He enjoys working with people to change long-term patterns, enhance relationships and establish a more balanced life-style. Chris has experience working with complex issues such as eating disorders, addictions, gambling and childhood sexual assault.
Areas of Practice
Mental Health, Trauma and Abuse
- Addictions including gambling and sexual addiction
- Adult mental health issues
- Adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Anxiety including OCD, panic attacks and stress management
- Complex mental health issues including bipolar disorder
- Domestic violence support for men & women
- Eating disorders
- Emotional, physical and sexual abuse – past or present
- Self harm
- Trauma, past and present, including PTSD
Adolescent and Family Counselling
- Adolescent mental health concerns and disorders
- Behavioural challenges for adolescents
- Body image issues
- Parental stress
- Step family issues
- Anger management
- Assertiveness and boundary setting
- Coping with emotions
- Grief and loss counselling
- Life coaching
- Life and cultural transitions
- Men’s issues
- Missionary debriefing
- Relationship issues including same-sex attraction
- Separation and divorce
- Spirituality (Christian perspective)
- Student issues
- Workplace-related issues
- Clinical supervision for student and professional psychologists and counsellors
- Ministry supervision and mentoring for pastors and Christian leaders
How I Approach Counselling and Psychotherapy
I have been trained in a broad range of therapeutic approaches including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Interpersonal Psychotherapy, Emotionally Focused Therapy, Mindfulness, and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. I also use more creative approaches when appropriate to assist with personal growth and healing.
I receive on-going professional training each year and am supported by supervision on a regular basis to maintain my ethical and professional standards.
My fee is $170 per session, usually between 50-60 min, and payment is made on the day of the appointment.
I am Medicare accredited with clients who have a Mental Health Care Plan obtained from their General Practitioner. The Medicare rebate is $84.80 per session for 6 to 10 sessions per calendar year.