M Counselling, BA, B Com
Delinda is passionate about discovering and realising the potential in her clients. She utilises an interpersonal and systems approach to her therapy. She has experience working with individuals, families and has an interest in adolescent therapy. Delinda is also an adjunct lecturer at Morling College for counselling students.
$90 per hour session.
Please phone to book with Delinda.
Areas of Counselling Practice
Mental Health, Trauma and Abuse
- Adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Anxiety including OCD, panic attacks, stress management
- Domestic violence
- Emotional, physical and sexual abuse – past or present
- Trauma, past and present, including PTSD
Adolescent and Family Counselling
- Behavioural challenges for adolescents
- Body image issues
- Parental stress
- Relationship issues
- Step family issues
- Anger management
- Assertiveness and boundary setting
- Career counselling
- Coping with emotions
- Grief & loss
- Life and work transitions
- Life coaching
- Migration/re-settlement issues (for Asians to Australia)
- Relationship issues
- Spirituality (Christian perspective)
- Student issues
- Transcultural issues
- Women’s issues
- Workplace-related issues
How I Approach Counselling and Psychotherapy
I am passionate about discovering and realising the potential in my clients. The way I work with my clients include:
- sitting with and exploring emotional struggles with the client, allowing safety in their vulnerability
- affirming my client’s value and sense of self-worth and autonomy
- empowering the client with the decision to determine the focus of therapy
- building up skills towards resilience
- offering different perspectives and exploring resistance to change
- developing a collaborative therapeutic relationship through modelling a corrective emotional experience and allowing the client to practice their learning in a safe space
My approach to counselling and psychotherapy utilises an integrative psychotherapy approach, incorporating a variety of approaches such as:
- cystems theory
- attachment and family of origin
- strengths based
- Associate Membership – CCAA (Christian Counsellors Association of Australia)
I have developed wide life experience and excellent relationship skills through professional and church ministry (including youth group) roles over the last ten years.
My fee is $90 per hour session.
If you are having are financial difficulties, concessions may be available.