Registered Counsellor, PACFA Reg. Clinical
Grad Dip Emotionally Focused Therapy, Voc Grad Dip Relationship Counselling
Jenny has been a professional counsellor since 2008 and specialises in individual counselling, psychotherapy and relationship counselling. She uses an Emotionally Focused perspective, which focuses on the emotional roots of an issue rather than just the symptoms. She uses a range of techniques to safely and respectfully help clients achieve their goals.
$130-$150 per hour session
Areas of Counselling Practice
Mental Health, Trauma and Abuse
- Abuse recovery
- Addictions including sexual and related addictions
- Anxiety including OCD, panic attacks and stress management
- Complex mental health issues including dissociative disorders
- Depression including post-natal depression
- Domestic violence
- Emotional, physical and sexual abuse – past or present
- Trauma, past and present, including PTSD
- Affairs – working through the discovery and rebuilding trust
- Conflict resolution
- Different expectations – personal, family and cultural
- Losing love and connection
- Pre-marital counselling
- Parental stress including infant bonding
- Same-sex couples
- Separation and divorce counselling
- Sexual problems
- Step-family issues
- Anger management
- Assertiveness and boundary setting
- Coping with emotions
- Grief and loss
- Life and work transitions
- Life coaching
- Migration issues
- Relationship issues including same-sex attraction
- Spirituality (Christian perspective)
- Student issues
- Transcultural issues
- Women’s issues
How I Approach Counselling and Psychotherapy
My approach to counselling and therapy is from an Emotionally Focused perspective, an approach which focuses on the emotional roots of an issue rather than just the symptoms. It can be applied to most issues a client brings. In working with the Emotionally Focused approach, I use a range of techniques to safely and respectfully help clients achieve their goals.
Clients will receive professional and competent service and be treated with respect. Confidentiality and privacy will be maintained at all times.
Clinical registration with PACFA & CCAA.
My fee is $130/hour, and $150/hour for after hours appointments. If you are having are financial difficulties, concessions may be available during office hours.