Registered Psychologist, Assoc. MAPS
B Arts (psychology), Grad Dip Psychology, Grad Dip Applied Psychology
May has been providing psychological therapy since 2010, spanning across private practices, an immigration detention centre, an employee assistance program, non-profit organisations, hospitals and schools. Being a psychologist and a mother of young children, May has a special interest supporting parents experiencing depression and anxiety during pregnancy and early parenthood.
$170 per session
Medicare, Private Health Rebates or bulk billing may be available. Please enquire.
Areas of Counselling Practice
- Abuse (eg. physical, verbal, emotional, financial, sexual)
- Anxiety (eg. constant worrying, avoidance of situations etc)
- Carer stress
- Conflict management
- Communication issues
- Cross-cultural and migrant issues
- Depression (eg. feeling down/hopeless, sleep difficulties etc)
- Family difficulties
- Financial problems
- Grief and loss
- IVF and infertility related issues
- Parenting issues
- Prenatal and Postnatal anxiety and depression
- Relationship issues (eg. dating, pre-marital, marriage, separation/divorce, post-separation, co-parenting)
- Work related issues
- Bullying (eg. physical, verbal, online etc)
- Career path confusion (eg. uncertainty about studies/work after finishing school)
- Grief and Loss
- Exam stress and preparation
- Family difficulties
- Friendship and dating issues
- HSC stress and support
- Resilience and confidence building
- School issues
- Self-esteem building
- Time management and organisation skills
How I Approach Counselling
As a psychologist, I love connecting with clients, helping them to build their resilience and self-efficacy as they learn to better cope with the challenges of life. I value being able to listen well to what is important to each person as we work together on how to achieve their individual goals. I am passionate about helping adults and adolescents feel empowered, confident and hopeful.
No matter how difficult a problem is, it is definitely possible to find meaningful ways to bounce back from it and increase your resilience.
I am dedicated to providing therapy that allows my client to feel safe, hopeful and respected. It is important that my client knows I value their thoughts, feelings and decisions. We will work together to find solutions to problems. We will try different strategies to bring meaningful and positive changes that are desired by the client.
A combination of therapies is used and will be influenced by the unique needs and goals of each client. Such therapies include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Solution-Focused Brief Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
Additionally, I see the importance of exploring my client’s personal strengths and combining that with strategies to help them experience a more resilient and optimistic way of approaching life.
- Fully Registered Psychologist with AHPRA
- Associate member of the Australian Psychological Society
My fee is $170 for a 50-60 minute therapy session.
I am Medicare accredited with clients who have a Mental Health Care Plan obtained from their General Practitioner. The Medicare rebate is $84.80 per session for 6 to 10 sessions per calendar year.