Registered Counsellor, PACFA Reg. Clinical
M Counselling, BA
William has been counselling since 2003. He enjoys working with individuals, couples and groups. He is non-directive and collaborative and specialises in relationship counselling. His work ranges from brief to long term psychotherapy. He has eperience working with complex issues such as abuse, addiction, same sex attraction, and anger management.
$130 per hour session
Areas of Counselling Practice
Mental Health, Trauma and Abuse
- Addictions including sexual and related addiction
- Anxiety including OCD, panic attacks and stress management
- Domestic violence
- Emotional, physical and sexual abuse – past or present
- Trauma, past and present, including PTSD – EMDR (eye movement desensitisation & reprocessing)
- Affairs – working through the discovery and rebuilding trust
- Career counselling
- Communication issues
- Conflict resolution
- Complex, traumatic or unresolved past issues
- Couples psychotherapy
- Different expectations – personal, family and cultural
- Domestic violence couples
- Losing love and connection
- Pre-marital preparation and counselling (Prepare-Enrich)
- Parenting and stepfamilies issues
- Separation and divorce counselling
- Anger management
- Assertiveness and boundary setting
- Coping with emotions
- Grief and loss
- Life coaching
- Life and work transitions
- Men’s issues
- Relationship issues including same-sex attraction
- Spirituality (Christian perspective)
- Student issues
- Workplace-related issues
How I Approach Counselling and Psychotherapy
My approach is non-directive: clients and I work collaboratively on issues of difficulty.
I provide a safe space where clients can talk about their difficulties giving importance to listening and understanding. Attending counselling for the first time can bring up some anxiety, this is quite normal.
- Clinical Registration with ARCAP, PACFA, CCAA
My fee is $130 per hour.
If you are having are financial difficulties, concessions may be available.